Whether you are new to the online dating scene or are just now discovering that there’s a ton of dating apps available for finding that perfect love, eHarmony is going to be one of the top dating sites that pops up on your journey. It has been one of the highest rated online dating websites on the market for years and has one of the highest benchmarks for quality and reliability. The company continues to adapt its features to fit current trends and if you are willing to take your time with it, has quite an in-depth system for matching partners. The main draw of the site is that is considered a premium site that has withstood the test of time and hasn’t shown any decline in popularity since it’s inception back in 2007. In this article, we will explore the registration process, the features as well as cons, and what you can expect from their dating app.
What Does The Registration Process Look Like?
If you are planning on registering with eHarmony, be prepared to set aside an hour or two as the sign up process is quite lengthy and time consuming. During the registration process, you will be asked to provide your location, marital status, sexual preference, whether you have or want children, and your age. You will then be taken to their lengthy personality questionnaire which will ask you about your interests, hobbies, what you are looking for in a partner, what your education, height, and religion is.
What Type of Features Can You Expect From Uniform Dating?
- The match system is incredibly in-depth with their patented 29 Dimensions Personality Assessment which requires you to fill out 150 questions about your deal beakers, dislikes, likes, and goals.
- They have a unique and well-known Compatibility Matching System in place.
- You can set your own matching preferences in order to narrow down the type of match recommendations that you receive.
- You will only ever see profiles of those who match your compatibility.
- You can filter matches by age and by your city location.
- There are pre-written conversation starters.
- You can keep track of your crushes via the favourite system which allows you to sort profiles into your favourites, those who have favored you, and mutual favorites.
- You have a dashboard that shows profile and photo updates. You can also see recent profile visits from this dashboard.
- If you are not satisfied with your three-month subscription membership, you can get another three months for free.
- Those who buy a subscription can browse through matches anonymously, get personalized assistance, and gain access to an additional 30 profiles a day.
- The website and dating app is available across almost two hundred countries.
- When creating your profile, you will get access to thought-provoking questions that can help you make your profile unique.
Are There Any Cons to Using eHarmony?
- eHarmony carries a more expensive subscription plan tier than other premium online dating sites.
- It does have limited search functions compared to other sites.
- Both the website and the dating app is catered to straight couples with no options for bisexual singles, lesbians, transsexuals, or gays.
- You cannot access the “Book of You” through the dating app which must be accessed through the desktop website.
- You are unable to view when profiles were last active.
- You cannot view profile pictures for free.
- They only have two payment options for subscriptions which are by Credit Card and PayPal.
- Paid memberships automatically renew, so one must remember to cancel it. If you purchase a membership through the dating app, you must cancel it through the app store your smartphone uses.
- No video calling integrated into the site.
What Security or Privacy Options Can I Expect?
So What Is The Final Verdict Of Dating on eHarmony?
For a dating website that was launched back in 2007, it has a stellar reputation for heterosexual matches that result in long-lasting marriages. According to the platform, they are responsible for at least two percent of the total marriages in the United States and are always looking for new ways to help their members find love and success. The critical thing that needs to be kept in mind is that eHarmony is not like other dating sites where you swipe left or right and get a cheesy opening line, it’s about patience in finding your one true love.